Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Custom Hardwood Countertops in Santa Monica
Elegant Hardwood Countertops Customized For You
Countertops are significant elements of every home. They serve as work surfaces, serving areas, and even take the place of dining room tables in some cases. They’re also areas for storing cooking utensils, small appliances, and other essential tools. Countertops are often used for displaying decorative items as well.
At the same time, countertops must be durable, fairly simple to maintain, and aesthetically appealing while melding well with the design theme of the room in which they’re installed. While numerous countertop materials are on the market right now, none quite compare with the natural beauty and charm of hardwoods. At Cardea Cabinets, we design custom hardwood countertops to meet all needs and preferences.
Popular Types of Hardwoods for Countertops
Not all woods are suitable for countertops. Some are soft and sustain damage far too easily to be practical. That said, a few types of hardwoods offer the perfect combination of striking appearance and long-lasting durability.
- Maple is a highly durable, light-colored wood that features a smooth, straight grain. Some varieties have wavy grain patterns as well. This type of wood stains nicely and can withstand the hazards of daily use.
- Another species that’s capable of holding up against constant use, oak has a distinct tight grain pattern. It ranges in color from light brown to dark with some varieties having pink or red hues as well. Oak is just as beautiful with a clear sealer that allows its natural characteristics to shine through as it is with a range of stains.
- Walnut is hard and durable, making it another nice choice for countertops. It often lasts longer than other varieties and has a straight grain with unique, irregular patterns.
- Teak has a light, golden color and prominent grain patterns. Its coloring may darken with age. Teak wood is known for its elegance, attractiveness, resilience, and longevity.
- Brazilian Cherry. With fine, straight, complex grain and coloring that ranges from light to reddish-brown, Brazilian cherry wood is a popular option for countertops as well as flooring and other interior features. It’s tough and accepts finishes well.
These are the more common choices in hardwoods for countertops. Each one has a unique appearance and is sure to serve you well for years to come. Though wood requires a certain level of care and maintenance, it lends an exquisite look to any room.
Is Bamboo Good for Countertops?
Bamboo is absolutely a prime choice for countertops. For these types of countertops, bamboo is cut into strips, pressed, and glued together to make sheets. They can be arranged in many ways to create various patterns and designs.
Despite technically being a type of grass rather than wood, bamboo is exceptionally hard and strong. It’s also far more renewable than wood. That said, bamboo countertops aren’t as resistant to heat as hardwood varieties, and the choices of finishes are more limited with this material.
Types of Wood Countertops
Several types of hardwood countertops are available. Face grain countertops are designed to highlight the grain of the wood whereas edge grain varieties showcase the edges of wood planks. With live edge countertops, the shape of the tree is left in its natural state rather than having a straight edge. This type of countertop has a striking, rustic look.
Bring Premium Materials and Unrivaled Design into Your Home
Exceptional design is the first step to beautiful and functional cabinetry. Equally important is the use of premium materials and construction methods. At Cardea Cabinets, our cabinetry is completely custom made utilizing only the finest materials and paying the greatest attention to detail.
Industry-leading European hardware manufacturers such as Blum, Salice, Hafele, and Grass are used in all of our cabinetry. For over 30 years we have built cabinetry of every style imaginable, including old world, country, contemporary, and modern creations.
We can accommodate any style while never sacrificing function for design. We understand the importance of combining the two. Your home is the reflection of your personal taste and lifestyle. Contact us, and let us help bring your design visions to life. Or if you want more information on custom cabinets in Santa Monica, click the link to see more.